I finished the felt applique wall hanging! I am pretty happy with how it turned out overall. The pictures are not that great, but the colors are pretty close. My living room lighting is so bad that it is almost impossible to get good pictures in that room, so this is as good as it gets! (It’s held up with push pins for now, but I am going to use some small finishing nails to hold up the dowel so they won’t be as visible.)
After I had sewn the seams into the background gray panel and pinned everything in place, I noticed that it was warping a little at the bottom. To get it to hang straight, I snipped a tiny hole in the back of the seam pocket and slipped in a tiny 1/8 inch dowel and now it hangs well.
Yay, it’s done. I think it took a little less than a month overall. Not bad for all that hand embroidery! I also might have let myself get sidetracked with a few other little projects along the way…
Check out that vintage early 90’s stereo! We had almost gotten rid of it several times, but now we are really glad that we did not since I got John the turntable for Christmas. We have looked for a new stereo, but it’s surprisingly hard to find a small bookshelf system that you can hook up a turntable through. Most that we have seen only have iPod/iPhone docks with absolutely no component hookups anymore! But the ugly stereo is worth it to play records!