I am finished with the freehand embroidery project! Here it is still blocked out on a board. I sprayed it down with water to set the stitches and make all the water soluble pen marks disappear since I didn’t follow the pattern exactly.
The design is about 8 inches around so I have a lot of extra fabric around the design to work with, I used an extra large square of fabric so that I would have more options of what to do with the piece once it was finished. The whole project has evolved on it’s own, I just drew the basic design from a vintage needlecraft book and freehanded the stitch designs as I went along. I still have to find a frame for it, but at least this part is finished!